FAMILY, FUN AND DEEP CONNECTIONS – WITH EACH OTHER AND OUR ENVIRONMENT
– ARE AT THE HEART OF OLDFIELD.
Family is defined and celebrated at Oldfield through Seasonal Farmer’s Markets, programs for children of all ages (and those of us that are still kids at heart), special events and annual holiday celebrations, lazy days around the pool or relaxing strolls around the leisure trails, or discovering the wonders of the Okatie River on a family kayaking adventure. Believe it or not, this is a just a small sample of daily life for our families. Because in reality, we’re all one big family here at Oldfield.
Our community was founded and embraces the authentic casual and charming Southern way of life and thrives as a multi-generational community that honors what makes this region so popular.
In addition to the overflowing social and event calendars at Oldfield, our location in this special part of the world provides limitless options for families to connect and create lifelong memories outside of the community. Off-shore fishing, beach days, discovering cultural and historical wonders and so much more. The year around outdoor climate doesn’t hurt either!
Discover a Sampling of Life at Oldfield:
- Seasonal Farmer’s Market: held at the Greeters Store and includes fresh local produce, local seafood as well as delicious homemade delights.
- Ballet Classes: The children learn ballet technique and terminology, learning new moves as well as building upon their prior knowledge of ballet!
- Horseback Riding lessons: The Equestrian center provides riding lessons to all age levels. Equal parts fun and foundational training!
- Fly-fishing lessons: Oldfield is home to the Orvis Fly Fishing School. 1 day and 2 day classes available to learn the ins and outs of fly fishing.
- Tennis lessons or classes for kids: the tennis center offers weekly clinics for kids; including an 8 & up junior clinic as well as a 7 & under junior clinic.
- Enjoy the river on your own or join the monthly sunset or weekly sunrise cruises with our Naturalist; or schedule a private tour with the Naturalist.
- Holiday events: Annual popular events include a Valentine’s Dinner at the River Club, the St. Patty’s day feast, Easter Brunch, Mother’s Day Brunch, Father’s Day Brunch, Independence Day Celebration, Independence Day Flag Golf Tournament, Labor Day Scramble, the Spooktacular, Community Trick or Treat, Thanksgiving at the River Club, Breakfast with Santa, Christmas Dinner at the River Club, Golf Members Tree Decorating, New Year’s Gala.
- Kayaking: Discovered the rejuvenating and health attributes of kayaking the river. Miles upon miles of river and marsh await exploration for those inclined to engage this natural wonderland.
- Waterfront lifestyle: the Outfitters Center gives residents and members the opportunity for river cruises, fishing, kayaking, paddle boarding, canoeing, shrimping and crabbing. The boat launch is available for those who own their own boats, or for fishing charters.
- Multi-generational experiences: There are several activities that all ages thoroughly enjoy including Oyster Roasts, Walk/Run events with the Sports Club, Equestrian rides, Concerts by the River, Family fun nights.
- Various nature-knowledge events for adults and kids with the Naturalist team and various speakers and area experts.
- Monthly nature walks and field trips.
- Picnicking at the Pavilions: Arrowhead and Lakeside pavilions offers residents the opportunity to reserve for cooking out & small gatherings.
- Small-scale intimate events are often hosted at both the Lakeside Pavilion and the Arrowhead Pavilion and Oyster Patio.
- Oyster Roasts: the “unofficial” kickoff for spring and fall. Hosted on the River Club lawn, all are welcome to enjoy the oysters, cocktails, music, and mingling.
“The true sense of community is like nothing we have experienced before. There is nothing like seeing your kids jump on their bikes with a group of friends for an afternoon of fishing and then swinging by the Greeter’s Store for their favorite scoop of ice cream. It’s a really nostalgic and authentic life we have the opportunity to live at Oldfield.”Derek & Sarah H.
“People don’t know what’s behind the beautiful white fences. I tell people that what’s behind them is magical – family, friends, connections, a multi-generational lifestyle. It’s where you want to be at this point in your life, no matter what that point in your life is.”Mona