Family, fun and deep connections – with each other and our environment – are at the heart of Oldfield.
Seasonal Farmer’s Market, Camps and lessons for children of all ages (and those of us that are still kids at heart), special events and annual holiday celebrations, lazy days around the pool or relaxing strolls around the leisure trails, and discovering an eco-system like no other with your children and grandchildren on a kayaking adventure on the Okatie. Believe it or not, this is a just a small sample of daily life for our families. Because in reality, we’re all one big family here at Oldfield.
Our community was founded and embraces the authentic casual and charming Southern way of life and strong sense of community that makes this region so popular. In addition to the overflowing social and event calendars at Oldfield, our location in this special part of the world provides limitless options for families to connect and create lifelong memories outside of the community. Off-shore fishing, beach days, discovering cultural and historical wonders and so much more. The year around outdoor climate doesn’t hurt either!
Click Here to Discover a Sampling of Events & Family Fun
- Seasonal Farmer’s Market: held at the Greeters Store and includes fresh local produce, local seafood as well as delicious homemade delights.
- Ballet Classes: The children learn ballet technique and terminology, learning new moves as well as building upon their prior knowledge of ballet!
- Horseback Riding lessons: The Equestrian center provides riding lessons to all age levels. Equal parts fun and foundational training!
- Fly-fishing lessons: Oldfield is home to the Orvis Fly Fishing School. 1 day and 2 day classes available to learn the ins and outs of fly fishing.
- Tennis lessons or classes for kids: the tennis center offers weekly clinics for kids; including an 8 & up junior clinic as well as a 7 & under junior clinic.
- Holiday events: Annual popular events include a Valentine’s Dinner at the River Club, the St. Patty’s day feast, Easter Brunch, Mother’s Day Brunch, Father’s Day Brunch, Independence Day Celebration, Independence Day Flag Golf Tournament, Labor Day Scramble, the Spooktacular, Community Trick or Treat, Thanksgiving at the River Club, River Club Tree Lighting, Breakfast with Santa, Christmas Dinner at the River Club, Golf Members Tree Decorating, New Year’s Gala.
- Kayaking: Discovered the rejuvenating and health attributes of kayaking the river. Miles upon miles of river and marsh await exploration for those inclined to engage this natural wonderland.
- Waterfront lifestyle: the Outfitters Center gives residents and members the opportunity for river cruises, fishing, kayaking, paddle boarding, canoeing, shrimping and crabbing. The boat launch is available for those who own their own boats, or for fishing charters.
- Multi-generational experiences: There are several activities that all ages thoroughly enjoy including Oyster Roasts, Walk/Run events with the Sports Club, Equestrian rides, Concerts by the River, Family fun nights.
- Picnicking at the Pavilions: Arrowhead and Lakeside pavilions offers residents the opportunity to reserve for cooking out & small gatherings.
- Small-scale intimate events are often hosts at both the Lakeside Pavilion and the Arrowhead Pavilion and Oyster Patio.
- Oyster Roasts: the “unofficial” kickoff for spring and fall. Hosted on the River Club lawn, all are welcome to enjoy the oysters, cocktails, music, and mingling.
Click on an image to enlarge.
Schedule Your Visit
$299/Night or $475 for Two Nights
Your visit includes:
Accommodations for two in a River Cottage or Golf Carriage Home
Lunch for Two at Magnolia Grille or Dinner at The River Club
One Round of Golf for Two
River Cruise for Two with and Oldfield River Pro
Complimentary access to the Sports Club, Equestrian Center, Outfitter’s Center, and use of Club Kayaks and Bicycles
A private tour of the Oldfield Sporting Lifestyle, amenities and real estate opportunities
“The property is absolutely gorgeous and so well manicured – we knew it would be the perfect spot as soon as we saw it.”Meghan K.