A PLACE WHERE NEIGHBORS BECOME LASTING FRIENDS.
Beyond wellness, the sporting life, and golf, there is a rich and vibrant spectrum of activities for Members to enjoy and share together. Whether it’s a boating caravan to Beaufort or Savannah on a lazy Saturday afternoon, a book club at the River House, a visit to the farmer’s market, Dolphin watching tours, local volunteering, or a nature walk guided by our resident naturalist… activities at Oldfield are as diverse as the rich ecology of its surroundings.
Members’ children and grandchildren also enjoy authentic experiences throughout the community. There is land to explore, trails to ride, fishing to master and shrimping to learn. Nature programs at the Outfitters Center spark life-long passions for the environment. Enjoy the sweet life by grabbing an ice cream cone at the Greeter’s story or roast marshmallows on a bonfire with the salt marsh as the backdrop.
Culinary offerings not only delight the senses, but create further opportunities for connectivity. Food and beverage is offered at the Golf Clubhouse, the River House, and at the Outfitter’s Center for special events. So whether it’s an evening of fine dining while overlooking the Okatie River, lunch at the Grill, or an oyster roast for a member gathering at the Outfitter’s Center, you’ll discover a warm and inviting atmosphere with friends and family.
Members often speak of “Oldfield Hospitality” fondly as they recount memories of social gatherings, civic service, and intercommunity outreach. It is a culture that is deeply ingrained in the fabric of this place. At its heart, Oldfield’s wide array of lifestyle choices are fundamentally about connecting you with the people you love and the things you love to do.
DISCOVER A LARGER SAMPLE OF LIFE AT OLDFIELD
- Join friends for book club, fishing and outdoor club meetings and events, men’s club, women’s club, Bunco games, Mah Jong, bridge, wine club or in one of your neighbor’s homes for Third Saturday get-togethers.
- Celebrate holiday events at Oldfield including Valentine’s Dinner at the River Club, Easter Brunch and egg hunt, Mother’s Day Brunch, Father’s Day Brunch, our July 4th celebration, Labor Day and Veterans Day activities, Halloween Spooktacular, Oyster Roast the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas tree trimming, Christmas dinner at the River House and breakfast with Santa.
- Enjoy multigenerational experiences including oysters roasts at the Outfitters Center, walk/run events, concerts by the river, s’mores around the campfire, eco tours on one of our Oldfield boats, and nature walks/field trips with our naturalist and various guest speakers/experts.
- Dine casually with your family, friends and neighbors on Casual Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Magnolia Grill.
- Host your own gatherings at one of Oldfield’s neighborhood pavilions in Arrowhead or Lakeside Village.
- Travel internationally with our naturalist or fishing guides on planned excursions.