How can it possibly be May already?! As the saying goes, “time flies when you are having fun”. Oldfield is certainly doing just that…having fun! April was filled with so many positive Club experiences. For starters, the River Club re-opened after a recent renovation. If you have not checked it out be sure to make a reservation for Friday night dinner to get the entire experience and see what the hype is all about for yourself! The kiddos participated in newly added Spring Break youth programming and Easter marked the first Brunch of 2021; can anyone guess who the Easter Bunny was? The Equestrian Center hosted its first Horse Show of the year. Beaufort County lifted the face covering ordinance. The list goes on and on! In addition to all these incredibly popular events, Membership has also seen a few exciting changes. As discussed by Golf Committee Chairman, Tim Rice, and previous Club Board Treasurer, Bob Champigny, at two Equity Golf Mee- tings in April, some recent changes to our agreement with previous developer T.I. will allow Oldfield to change the Equity Golf Membership Contribution. With this great news, it was decided to make it an all around positive outcome for not only New Equity Golf Members, but current Equity Golf Members and Cottage Golf Members. Therefore, effective this month, we will be implemen- ting the following Membership Opportunities:
- Perpetuity Equity Golf Members will have the choice to move their commitment to a three year commitment
- Seven year Equity Golf Members will also have the choice to move their commitment to a three year commitment.
- In addition, current Equity Members who have been members for 10 years or more and have reached the age of 80 will have the choice to reduce their dues and move to a three year commitment.
- New Equity Members will pay a $5,000 Membership Contribution and be committed for three years. The renewal will be on an annual basis with a 140 day resignation clause to terminate the automatic renewal.
- Cottage Golf will also be changed, however, this is a little more complicated. The details continue to be worked out for the next steps to make Cottage Golf more attractive as well. Oldfield is very excited and proud to announce that we signed ten new Equity Golf Members on April 30th, with many more lined up! Please be on the lookout for more information and timeline details this month for everyone’s opportunity to transition! If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out!